The Peoria Area Intergroup Association is run by volunteers, with the exception of one part time paid worker. We have a Board of Directors, Steering Committee made up of Representatives from the local groups, and AA members who volunteer their time working in the office and answering phones. If you would like to participate, please contact us!
We are currently seeking a volunteers to staff the office. If you would like to volunteer, please call (309) 687-1329.
We are also seeking a Treasurer for the PAIA Board.
- We have over 90 books in stock, specific to Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon AFG recovery. See the list of literature available here.
- We also offer pamphlets, stickers, keychains, coins, specialty coins, coffee cups, hats, wallet cards, bookmarks, and a variety of recovery items.
- We can and will order special items from AA World Services. (Signs, wall hangings, placards, pamphlet racks, etc.)
- We create and sell newcomer packets for groups.
- We offer a 24 hour phone line that is answered by volunteers in the evenings, and office volunteers during the day.
- We manage the 12 step volunteer list so we can connect callers with volunteer help if necessary
- We assist the District by sharing event information to the community through the website event calendar, emails and flyers.
- We put out a quarterly newsletter with updated information about Intergroup, AAWS, and our District activities.
- We help the District officers by helping them place orders for materials when necessary (Public Information, Cooperation with Professional Community, Hospitals & Institutions, Corrections, etc.) and by sharing their information with our community as needed.
- All are welcome to stop by, have a cup of coffee, browse our inventory, and/or visit for a few minutes.